Did you know that smiling can physically make you feel happy and plays a big part in many aspects of one’s life? It can elevate your mood, boost your self-esteem, and bring joy to those around you. When you share your smile with a stranger, you not only make yourself feel good, but it has a positive effect on their mood as well. However, when someone lacks confidence in their smile, they deprive themselves of the many benefits that come along with flashing a beautiful set of pearly whites.
There are a number of reasons why someone may feel self-conscious about their smile, they may have misaligned, discolored, or missing teeth from decay or injury. This is where cosmetic dentistry comes in.
In an ideal world everyone would be born with a perfect-dazzling-white smile, but unfortunately that is not the case. The American culture puts a heavy emphasis on how straight and white someone’s teeth are. Everyone is striving for the “Hollywood” smile, but you don’t have to be a celebrity or among the mega wealthy to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of, cosmetic dentistry is available for anyone and everyone.
So, what is cosmetic dentistry and how can it help you?
Our office can help with subtle changes or major changes that require oral surgery, there are plenty of options to fit anyone’s needs. We have mastered techniques to treat all situations, such as discolored, crooked, misshapen, or missing teeth. We want to help you have confidence in your smile.
How do you know if cosmetic dentistry is right for you?
General dentistry focuses on the health of your teeth, which is extremely important, but cosmetic dentistry focuses on the appearance of your teeth. The materials available in today’s modern dentistry allows us to give you a strong and natural set of teeth, much more realistic from materials used in the past.
Here are a few procedures that are considered “cosmetic”
- Teeth Whitening – If your teeth are discolored you can choose between in-office whitening, we offer Zoom!®, which is a gel that can whiten teeth up to ten shades within an hour, or there are at-home options, where custom trays are made to fit your teeth and whitening gels are used in the comfort of your own home
- Veneers – This is a thin custom-made porcelain shell that is used to cover unsightly teeth to disguise imperfections
- Bonding – This is the technique used to improve the appearance of cracked, chipped, stained, or gaps, by bonding natural-tooth-colored materials to the surface
- Tooth Reshaping – Also known as dental contouring, this procedure changes the appearance of a tooth by modifying or removing enamel and is usually combined with bonding
- Crown Lengthening – Many people dislike having a “gummy” smile (when more gums are visible than teeth). With minor-oral surgery we can remove excess gum tissue to expose more of the tooth’s crown, giving the appearance of longer teeth and less gums
- Dental Implants – Using a titanium rod, which is placed directly into the jawbone, we can replace missing teeth using material that is durable and has the appearance of natural teeth
- Full Smile Makeovers – This is like a face lift for your mouth. This will typically be a process of several procedures and is basically a complete overhaul to the look of a patient’s smile
Cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile into something you’ll be proud to share with the world. Don’t wait a moment longer to start the process of achieving the smile of your dreams, contact our office today and find out what cosmetic dentistry can do for you.